· Submit News
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Weather
· Web Links
· 

Who's Online
There are currently, 9 guest(s) and 1 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking

Content Categories
· Features (2)
· InfoSec (2)
· Spicey Chicken Cartel (8)

Help Desk

Amazon

NukeWeather
Sugar Land, Texas, United States, North America
Change Settings

Current Conditions:

73°F
Feel: 77°F
Wind: WSW
5 mph

Detailed Forecast

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/.net/httpdocs/header.php:32) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/.net/httpdocs/includes/sessions.php on line 240

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/.net/httpdocs/header.php:32) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/.net/httpdocs/includes/sessions.php on line 241
www [ [ net: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/.net/httpdocs/header.php:32) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/.net/httpdocs/includes/page_header.php on line 529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/.net/httpdocs/header.php:32) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/.net/httpdocs/includes/page_header.php on line 531

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/.net/httpdocs/header.php:32) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/.net/httpdocs/includes/page_header.php on line 532
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile    

"American Idol" Returns -- Oh Yeah!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
etee
The Me
The Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's scary is that, if it keeps on like this, by the end of this season we may well have more people vote on "American Idol" then voted in the 2004 elections.

etee
The Me
The Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Idea for the next presidential elections? Reply with quote

Which gives me an idea: for 2008, maybe we can have a "reality TV" type show instead of the same old election format. We could have trials as in "Survivor", more trials as in "Fear Factor", a nude photo shoot as in "America's Next Top Model", followed by trivia questions about world events as in "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire". A panel consisting of Rush Limbaugh, Michael Moore, Tom Delay, and Nancy Pelosi will be the judges (a fifth judge will require Senate confirmation -- I guess we just stick with 4, then.) America will be allowed to vote one candidate off in each round, until the finals, where they will vote for a panel of 535 people, who will go to a s00per sekkrit hiding place and elect whoever the heck they want to be President.

BobCat
Cyborg
Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for "none of the above" where all the candidates that ran are disqualified for this election, and the parties must get new ones

Send a signal to the parties who try to foister scumbags on you: RETURN TO SENDER Smile
Spicey Chicken Cartel (tinSCC)#23, Lumber Cartel (tinLC)#1606
"Spam is used by lusers who don't want to do business with you ethically."
NealT
3133T BSD d00d
3133T BSD d00d

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTFL!
The Me
The Me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobCat wrote:
I'm all for "none of the above" where all the candidates that ran are disqualified for this election, and the parties must get new ones.

Sounds like a nice idea, but the fact is that anyone crazy enough to run for public office is going to have every bit of dirty linen hung out for all to see, often within days of the announcment of their candidacy. And, since most of those who hang this stuff out are even meaner than S6 and myself, even the most saintly of the candidates is going to end up looking like a Michael Jackson-clone (yechk!.)

We should probably get this back on topic (American Idol)), so follow-ups on this fork of the thread should start a new thread, please.

etee
The Me
The Me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Come On People, It's Not Like They Are Butterfly Ballots... Reply with quote

OK, this evening America showed they STILL don't know how to cast a freakin' ballot!!! Letting Konstantine go, and keeping Scott?!? WTBH?!?!?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

MaryT
Mac user
Mac user

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't believe Scott wasn't even in the bottom 3! America must be tone-deaf! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
etee
The Me
The Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard there is at least one group which uses some pretty sophisticated (war-dialing) equipment to "stuff the ballot boxes" on behalf of the worst performers. Great, just what we need... Mad

BobCat
Cyborg
Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: hanging chads Reply with quote

etee wrote:
OK, this evening America showed they STILL don't know how to cast a freakin' ballot!!! Letting Konstantine go, and keeping Scott?!? WTBH?!?!?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Must be another case of hanging chads. Or hanging Konstantine in this case. Smile
etee
The Me
The Me

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryT wrote:
Couldn't believe Scott wasn't even in the bottom 3! America must be tone-deaf! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Or maybe they were watching AI on the picture-in-picture, and listening to MTV on the main screen. Or, maybe America has lousy taste in pop music Rolling Eyes I sure don't know.

BobCat
Cyborg
Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

etee wrote:
MaryT wrote:

Or maybe they were watching AI on the picture-in-picture, and listening to MTV on the main screen. Or, maybe America has lousy taste in pop music Rolling Eyes I sure don't know.

or all of the above? Smile
etee
The Me
The Me

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: The Countdown Begins... Reply with quote

Last night's performances were actually pretty good, across the board. Even Scott did pretty well, the first song. Of course, they had to sing TWO songs, and he sort of missed the second. It is becoming pretty apparent who the final 2 will be (Bo and Carrie) as their performances are simply at another level from the others, and I am thinking Vonzell is most likely going to be #3 -- at least, based on her vocals.

The question is, who gets voted off tonight? I still think Scott should go, but Anthony may also be on the block.

etee
The Me
The Me

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Scott's Gone! Reply with quote

In honor of the recectly-departed Scott, I have decided to write down my thoughts as sort of an "open letter" to the viewers/voters of America:

Thank you, America. For you have managed to restore at least some of my faith in you. For awhile there, though, I was wondering. Despite Simon's urging you to eliminate that singing abomination known as Scott from the competition, you continued to vote for him. Last week, you even voted him out of the bottom three! What was the matter with you -- did decades of listening to rock 'n roll, rap, hip-hop, and bubblegum pop totally destroy your collective sense of hearing? Or, were you just playing with Simon's mind, and my sanity? Anyway, this week, you finally got it right (like you did in 2000, and again in 2004.) It may have been a nail-biter, but at least the torment is over, and we can go back to enjoying "American Idol".

BobCat
Cyborg
Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the viewing audience wanted to torture Simon a little more Smile
NealT
3133T BSD d00d
3133T BSD d00d

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope the Postal Person keeps on going...Smile